Software Developer Fellow
Are you passionate about diving into the world of health tech and making a meaningful impact on your community? We are looking for curious and driven individuals who want to jumpstart their career in the dynamic field of technology. As an Entry-Level Solutions Architect Fellow, you will receive on-the-job training and gain valuable experience while working on innovative solutions that drive success in the healthcare industry.
You possess a strong educational foundation and a natural curiosity for how technology fuels successful businesses. Joining a mission-driven organization that contributes to the community aligns with your goals. You thrive as a team player, embracing collaboration and contributing your interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills. Proficiency in technology comes naturally to you, and you hold a bachelor's degree in any field.
About SOM Tech:
SOM Tech stands as a beacon of leadership and advocacy across the entire technology spectrum within the UCSF School of Medicine. Our scope ranges from research and program incubation to safeguarding data security. As a Fellow, you will delve into the comprehensive landscape of the School of Medicine's work, immersing yourself in the intricacies of an academic health system. Our location in the vibrant Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco, near UCSF’s Mission Bay campus, provides an inspiring environment for innovation.
To gain insights into our team and our impactful work, visit: https://tech.ucsf.edu/.
About the Role:
Through our program, you will receive specialized training tailored to established career paths addressing critical needs at UCSF.
Solution Architect: As an aspiring Solution Architect Fellow, you will embark on a journey to master the art of solution design and architecture. Working closely with experienced architects and cross-functional teams, you will gain hands-on experience in crafting effective and innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with seasoned architects to comprehend business requirements and technical needs.
- Engage in solution design sessions, acquiring skills in crafting scalable and pragmatic architectures.
- Assist in producing architectural diagrams and documentation.
- Enhance existing tools and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce, MuleSoft, Epic, Qualtrics, Box, DocuSign, etc.
- Participate in researching and evaluating emerging technologies and tools.
- Develop an ability to evaluate technology options based on criteria such as performance, scalability, and security.
- Contribute to building prototypes and Proof of Concepts (PoCs) to validate technical concepts.
- Learn to effectively demonstrate the value of proposed solutions to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with developers, engineers, and diverse teams to comprehend the software development lifecycle.
To see the hourly range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):https://tcs.ucop.edu/non-academic-titles
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 100% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html